(This post is part of our Homemaking Hacks series, which features handy uses for everyday household items).
Lavender is an easy plant to grow and lavender oil can be found almost anywhere at a relatively low cost. Over the centuries people have taken advantage of the numerous health benefits lavender oil offers, here are 10 of the best uses for lavender oil.
Uses for Lavender Oil
1. Aromatic Therapy. Lavender oil is well known to relieve stress and soothe mental discomfort. Take 2-3 drops of Lavender oil and place them on your wrists, below your nose, or in a humidifier and enjoy the aroma
2. Burn Relief. Lavender oil helps to relieve pain caused by minor burns. Rub a small amount of oil on the affected area.
3. Bug Repellent. Lavender is a natural bug repellent for mosquitoes; rub some on your neck, elbows, wrists and back of your kneecaps to keep the bugs from biting!
4. Relieve Insomnia. The aroma of Lavender can help to soothe the mental discomfort that causes insomnia, place a drop or 2 below your nose and relax.
5. Make your own soap. Lavender has a wonderful aroma that goes great in homemade soaps.
6. Help with Circulation. Add Lavender oil to your bath water to help with circulation problems
7. Smooth skin. A few drops of Lavender oil can smooth chapped or dry skin.
8. Disinfect cuts. Pour a drop or 2 of lavender oil on a cut to help stop the bleeding and kill any germs and bacteria.
9. Cures Motion Sickness. Place a drop of lavender oil on your tongue to help relieve the symptoms of motion sickness
10. Flavor booster. Lavender adds great flavor to desserts or just as a water enhancer.
How do you use lavender oil?Get more useful tips and deals delivered to you: