(This post is part of our Homemaking Hacks series, which features handy uses for everyday household items).
Cleaning the house is never anyone’s favorite way to spend their time. Make it a little easier, and quicker with these cleaning tricks for getting the grungy and difficult stuff clean without losing your mind!
1. Use dryer sheets to dust your blinds.
2. Soak coffee pot in 1 part water, 1 part baking soda, with a couple drops of lemon juice for a few hours to leave the pot spotless.
3. Use an onion to clean the grate on your grill for an easy clean and some extra flavor.
4. Use a pillow case over your ceiling fan blades to wipe clean and keep dust from getting all over the house (it will stay in pillowcase).
5. Put 1 cup of vinegar on the top shelf of your dishwasher and run it on high to clean it.
6. Microwave your dish sponge on high 2 minutes to kill any bacteria.
7. Cover spilled grease on fabric with chalk, let dry, then wipe away for no more grease stains.
8. Put half a cup of Ammonia in your cold oven overnight then wipe clean the next day. It’s one of the best cleaning tricks to clean your oven.
9. Mix together 2 parts water, 1 part vinegar and spray onto carpet stains. Cover with a damp rag and iron, the stains will disappear. Use a squeegee on wooden floors to clean ALL pet hair seamlessly.
10. Buy a kitchen timer and use it for each task to help you stay focused. By the time the bell rings, you’ll be done.