(This post is part of our Homemaking Hacks series, which features handy uses for everyday household items).
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial for the home and the body, and it is sometimes the cheapest way to effectively clean, especially if you run out of other product. With that in mind, here are our 15 top uses for apple cider vinegar. Some of them may be unexpected, but all of them are great.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
- Relieve bug bites
- Soothe sunburn
- Clean antiperspirant stains. The solution is strong enough to remove stains, but gentle for most fabrics.
- Clean window blinds.
- Clean dirty faucets.
- Clean piano keys.
- Clean paint brushes. Dip them in a container that includes a solution of vinegar. Let them soap. Rinse with water.
- Trap Fruit Flies. Put apple cider vinegar in a container, please a top on it with holes just large enough for the fruit flies to get to. The vinegar will attract them and they’ll be trapped.
- Rinse your hair. Vinegar can help remove build-up without the harshness of many shampoos.
- Reduce static cling. Add 1/2 cup to your wash cycle.
- Erase scuff marks on walls.
- Purify the refrigerator. Clean with half water and half vinegar for a refreshing cleansing.
- Brighten coffee cups and teacups. Gently scrub stains with equal parts vinegar and salt (or baking soda).
- Clean the toilet. Pour vinegar in the bowl and let it sit overnight.
- Freshen the bathroom. Spray around the bathtub, sink and floor, and wipe clean.
Get more useful tips and deals delivered to you:
Do you have any favorite uses for apple cider vinegar?